Foogallery wordpress plugin is a simple and effective plugin for managing your gallery images with built in support for organizing images into albums and video support when using the premium extension. The one disadvantage is that it lacks pagination making it awkward to use for large galleries and albums. This plugin solves the problem by including pagination for both individual galleries and when displaying multiple albums.
- Includes pagination for the justified, masonry and default gallery template.
- Includes pagination for the default album template.
- Includes settings to set the number of images per page as well as the text used for the pagination.
- Includes the ability for the admin user to be able to set their own pagination styling.
How to install and use the plugin:
- Download and install the plugin via the WordPress admin panel.
- For gallery pagination, add the following line of code where you want the pagination to appear which will likely be at the bottom of the file.
1<?php echo foogallery_pagination($current_foogallery->image_count()); ?>
- For album pagination, add the following line of code where you want the pagination to appear which will also likely be at the bottom of the file.
1<?php echo foogallery_pagination($current_foogallery_album->gallery_count()); ?>
- If you are using albums even if you do not require pagination for the albums but only for the galleries in the album, you will need to change the following line of code which appears closer to the top of the album template
1$album_url = foogallery_album_remove_gallery_from_link();
1$album_url = foogallery_pagination_back_to_album_link();
- Lastly, click on the Foogallery settings menu item and then on the resultant page click on the “Pagination” tab to set the number of images per page, pagination text and styling.
Please note that we have included an example of each template with the added line(s) of code as a separate download for your convenience. Gallery templates are located under the foogallery extensions default-templates folder. Please place each template in the appropriate folder – for example place the file “gallery-default.php” into the “default” folder, the file “gallery-masonry” into the “masonry” folder and so forth. Album templates are located under the foogallery extensions albums folder. Place the file “album-default.php” at the root of the “albums” folder.