This plugin can be used to create and restore a full backup of the entire database or specific groups of tables. You get to select how you wish the tables in your database to be grouped and can then schedule backups for the various table groups according to the schedule you choose (monthly, weekly, daily, twice daily and hourly backup schedules are available).
This plugin is ideal for multisite installations and large databases that may require various tables in the database to be backed up according to different schedules. The plugin uses the WordPress cron scheduler by default but also supports the use of manual cron jobs to backup the full database or the table groups you have created (documentation is provided as part of the plugin).
Existing backup files can be managed (deleted, restored and downloaded) and new backups created on demand. This plugin optionally removes backup files that are older than the number of days you specify in the available settings section thereby preventing excess disk space from being consumed. Backup files are also compressed (either via gzip or zip compression depending on your server’s configuration).
- Easily manage your backup files in the admin panel.
- Not limited to the use of the WordPress cron scheduler, manual cron jobs are also supported without requiring the WordPress cron scheduler to be disabled (as other plugins may be dependant on this being operational).
- Monthly, weekly, daily, twice daily and hourly backup schedules are available if using the WordPress cron scheduler, for manual cron jobs you specify when you want the cron to run.
- Create and save your table groupings once – no need to continually have to select the tables you wish to backup each time you create a new backup.
- Your table groups can be backed up according to different schedules.
- Automated deletion of old backup files if you enable this setting.
- Backup files are compressed (gzip, zip), please note that this depends on your server configuration as to whether the relevant extensions are installed.
- Documentation included in the admin panel to help you get started.
- Clean, user friendly interface.
How to install and use the plugin:
- Download and install the plugin via the WordPress admin panel.
- Click on the “Database Backup” menu item and enter the license key you will have been provided with to activate the plugin.
- Once the plugin is activated you will be directed to the documentation page which will provide you with help to get started.